Welcome Loma Vista Room Parents!
Room Parent Information
Thank you for volunteering to be a Room Parent in your child’s classroom! This is a unique opportunity to get to know and serve your child’s teacher and to provide the support that makes the school year an exciting one filled with enrichment and social activities.
Thank you for your willingness to partner with your child's teacher this year! For questions or additional information, please contact our PTO Room Parent Coordinators:
Ana Elkins - [email protected]
Alissa Rojas - [email protected]
Here are a few ways Room Parents help this classes...
• If you have not done so already, set up a meeting with your teacher. This will give the teacher the opportunity to tell you what he or she needs from a Room Parent. This is also a good time to determine what parties you’ll be planning for the year, set dates and times, and find out if there are any allergies.
• Send a letter to your class to introduce yourself as Room Parent and request contact information from the other parents.
• Send letters home before each event to request donations. Remember all donations for parties and gifts for the teacher are voluntary.
• Take pictures of the fun things you do with your class (smartphone pictures are great) and send them to the yearbook coordinator to be included in the yearbook.
Click the links below to view and download templates for letters to send home to parents to help you coordinate donations, supplies, etc. for class parties. Feel free to customize!
Introduction Letter (1 room parent)
Introduction Letter (Multiple room parents)
Winter Holiday Party
End of the Year Party
• Class parties (generally Halloween, Winter Holiday, and End of Year): food, supplies, activities, and helpers
• Teacher Birthday: treat and/or note home about cards/gifts from students
• Teacher Appreciation Week (May): activities/gifts
• Cougar Trek and Carnival help as needed
• Grade Level Enrichment Activities (4th and 5th grade only)
• Room Parents do not need to do everything themselves. Ask for help and keep in mind that having a successful year is a team effort!